It's full on storm season in the Northwest, which means time to hunker down and bundle up to stay warm & dry. Tragically, not everyone in our area has the option to stay warm & dry. There are a significant amount of families who desperately need added warmth this winter. We can help! Please take some time to clean out your closet for any gently worn coats or jackets, then donate them at The Novel Tree. After the coat drive, we will bring all the donations to Mary's Place for distribution to local homeless women, children, and families.
Now through November 22nd we are collecting as many donated coats & jackets as possible for Mary's Place.
For your good deed, we will be giving you 10% off your entire purchase and option to purchase a 1g preroll for $2.
More about Mary's Place:
Empowering homeless women, children, and families to reclaim their lives by providing shelter, nourishment, resources, healing and hope in a safe community.
Mary’s Place is a leading voice for homeless women, children, and families in emergency situations. We empower families to reclaim their lives by offering community, acceptance, hope and dignity. Our work keeps struggling families together and provides practical tools and resources that help them find housing and employment. We inspire the community to support homeless women, children, and families through advocacy, partnerships, volunteerism and philanthropy.
Services Mary's Place Provides
- AA/NA Meetings
- Bastyr Naturopathic Clinic
- Baby’s Best Start – helping moms with newborns get off to a health start
- Clothing Distribution
- Community Service Site
- Empower U Internship Program – building skills and resumes
- Front Door (drop in) housing and employment resources for unsheltered families
- Homeless Women’s Choir
- Housing and Employment Resources
- Hygiene, Shower and Laundry Service
- Kid’s Club – age appropiate programming and fun
- Jail and Hospital Visitation
- Lingerie Program
- Mail and Phone Services
- Mary’s Marketplace Incentive Program
- Medical Care
- Popsicle Place – providing special care for families with children dealing with critical illnesses
- Resource Referrals
- Saturday Church Service
- Shelter Referrals
- Support Groups
- Women in Black
- Young Professionals Group
- YWCA Health Access Program"
Information from http://www.marysplaceseattle.org/