We are looking for a determined leader to create a lasting impact and drive in-store progress at The Novel Tree!
The Novel Tree is seeking a talented and experienced Store Manager to lead our Front-of-House team in day-to-day operations. This is a high impact position that will focus on running a tight ship true to our vision! We are looking for an individual who is experienced in team building, delegating, and program management. Applicants must have experience managing retail, food service, hospitality, or other high-volume/guest-centric business operations. A successful Store Manager can demonstrate the ability to build, manage, and develop a team of shift leaders and budtenders.
We are an agile organization with two devoted owners, a small but strong group of specialized managers, an incredibly passionate front-of-house team, experienced outside advisors for support, and zero investors to answer to. We have big growth goals for the coming years and are continuing to build our team to position for future expansion opportunities within the cannabis industry.
About this role:
You will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Visionary Officer (CVO) for direction on your primary responsibility of leading the retail operations to a world-class cannabis shopping experience. You will directly manage and focus the majority of your time on developing the Front-of-House Leadership Team and overseeing the Budtending Program. Your HR responsibilities with the Budtending Program will include but are not limited to oversight of recruitment, hiring, onboarding, training, scheduling, payroll processing, and more- directing a team of 25+ should be your specialty. Coaching others to their maximum potential and holding individuals accountable should be something you look forward to facing head on. We request you are comfortable delivering direct feedback as it is critical to success in this position- compliance related issues leave no room for interpretation. Success in this role will require a self-driven and team-oriented leader. Due to team size and visibility, strong contributors stand out immediately and are empowered and recognized.
The ideal candidate will bring a heightened level of integrity, discretion and professionalism to the Store Manager position. Are you passionate about team building? Do you find providing outstanding guest service comes naturally and with fulfillment? Are you organized, detail orientated and an outstanding character? Let's connect! Apply today!
- Enforce all operational rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance The Novel Tree’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Manage, supervise, and direct the activities of all assigned staff and make decisions about hiring, training, disciplining, terminating, and advancing employees.
- Manage and inspire staff to deliver the highest level of customer service and experience.
- Ensure ongoing staff education on medical and recreational cannabis products, strains, and consumption methods.
- Take a guest first approach in all actions.
- Opening and/or Closing of the store.
- Cash Management – Total oversight of cash handling procedures
- Inspire others as a Novel Tree brand ambassador dedicated to driving and achieving results through your team.
- Oversee organizational projects, relationships and contractual agreements.
- Monitor and report on the departmental budget.
- Manage online guest interactions.
- Assist with miscellaneous tasks, special projects and event planning as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of management experience
- Retail management experience preferred
- Team development and leadership experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Self-driven, motivated and goal oriented
- Advanced competencies with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Must possess valid driver’s license or state ID
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Maintains high ethical standards and a positive, professional demeanor
- Strong grasp of I-502 regulations
- Working knowledge of Cannabis and paraphernalia