The Novel Tree - Where every strain has a story
The Novel Tree plays a vital role in connecting cannabis users to local ganja-farmers and ganja-processors. We curate our products very carefully and with purpose, presenting cannabis in a way that allows everyone to create their own experience. We are setting a new example for what the public generally refers to as "getting high". The Novel Tree retail stores are designed to support independent Washington companies and independent artists around the world while providing the highest level of customer service found in any service industry. We are career oriented and life balance aware, offering pathways for internal growth with great benefits. We continually look to improve as individuals and as a business. We place a strong emphasis on community outreach, using sustainable/eco-friendly practices, treating employees & partners exceptionally, as well as offer a comfortable atmosphere & experience to learn about and purchase the best quality cannabis in the world.
About this role:
Team members are summed up as a mix of a psychologist, cannabis educator, party planner, life coach, friend, security guard and cashier. We provide a service that is greatly enhancing peoples' lives, and it could not be more fun! If you enjoy talking to great people in a very fast pace (most days) work environment, then we encourage you to read on and apply now. The Novel Tree, located on 130th Ave NE in Bellevue, is an I-502 licensed recreational marijuana retail boutique. We are looking for enthusiastic budtenders to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity with growth potential and we're looking for contributors! Applications will ONLY be considered if you email us a tailored cover letter that includes a brief description of yourself, resume, your availability and why you're interested in joining the Novel Tree team.
- GUEST FIRST ROLE. Budtending at least 50% of the time
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have excellent attendance and professionalism
- Basic knowledge of cannabis preferred but not required
- No cannabis consumption permitted on the job
- 2+ years of face to face service industry experience required -- retail, sales, restaurant, bar, winery, brewery, barista, hotel, hospitality, host, hostess, customer service.
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle cash register in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be an enthusiastic & outgoing team player with a strong spirit of cooperation
- This position requires the physical ability to perform tasks that involve prolonged standing, walking, and kneeling
- Ability to tailor each guest interaction to the individual
- ·Flexible schedule with available days, evenings, weekdays, weekends, and some holidays.
- Provide information and educate customers on our products
- Maintain working knowledge of relevant state and federal laws regarding cannabis in Washington state
- Maintain inventory control & high-volume cash handling
- Positive energy, team spirit, happy soul- our shop is good vibes only!